Naftna Industrija Srbije (NIS)

NAFTNA INDUSTRIJA SRBIJE (NIS)
http://www.nis.rs/

Company Information
According to its website, NIS is the largest oil company in southeast Europe, with 51 percent of shares owned by Russia’s Gazprom Neft and the remaining 49 percent owned by the Republic of Serbia.[i]

Contact Information
2100 Novi Sad
Narodnog fronta 12
Serbia
T: 021-481-1111
E-mail: office@nullnis.rs
NIS also has a branch office in Balkanabat, Turkmenistan.

Current Scope of Operations
At the end of 2009, NIS signed a two-year, $19.5 million contract with Dragon Oil to drill a minimum of seven exploratory wells offshore in Turkmenistan.[ii]

In November 2010, NIS participated for the first time in the International Oil and Gas Exhibition in Turkmenistan.[iii]

In January 2011, NIS announced that it had been awarded a $33 million contract with Turkmenneft. According to the statement, in June 2011, NIS will begin to develop five oil wells in Turkmenistan: “two 4,800 metres wells in the Akpatlauk oil field, two 3,800m wells in the Ekerem oil field and one 4,500m well in the Keimir oil field, all of which are being developed by state-run Turkmenneft.”[iv]The work is scheduled for completion in February 2012.[v]

————————————————————————————————————————-

[i] NIS, Oil industry of Serbia, http://www.nis.rs/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=171&Itemid=216&lang=en. Accessed January 14, 2011.
[ii] NIS, NIS in the Caspian Sea, http://www.nis.rs/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=370 percent3Anis-u-kaspijskom-moru&catid=52 percent3Akompanijske-vesti&Itemid=68&lang=en. Accessed January 12, 2011.

[iii] NIS, NIS at International oil and gas fair in Turkmenistan, http://www.nis.rs/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=536 percent3Anis-na-medunarodnom-sajmu-nafte-i-gasa-u-turkmenistanu&catid=52 percent3Akompanijske-vesti&Itemid=68&lang=en. Accessed January 12, 2011.

[iv] BMI Emerging Europe Oil and Gas Insights, “NIS Secures Modest Oil Drilling Deal,” 1 Jan. 2011, http://www.pennenergy.com/index/articles/newsdisplay/1339170216.htmlAccessed March 4, 2011.

[v] Gordana Filipovic, “Serbia’s NIS Wins $33 Million Turkmen Oil Well Drilling Contract,” Bloomberg, 12 Jan. 2011, http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-12/serbia-s-nis-wins-33-million-turkmen-oil-well-drilling-contract.htmlAccessed January 14, 2011.